Sunday, October 14, 2012

Even More Pumpkin Goodness: Two Kinds of Toasted Pumpkin Seeds

One of the things that I love about pumpkins is the potential for so many kinds of goodness.  After I scooped the seeds out of the pumpkin yesterday I put them in an airtight container and placed them in the refrigerator.  This morning I took the seeds, separated out all the sticky pumpkin pieces that remained and rinsed the seeds. 

Once they were rinsed I placed them on a towel and patted them dry with another towel.

I had about 4 cups of pumpkin seeds so I decided to try two different pumpkin seed recipes from Martha Stewart. In the past I've baked my pumpkin seeds or microwaved them but I'd never tried roasting them on the stove top.  I thought it would be interesting to see if we liked the stove top seeds better so both of the recipes I selected used the same method of toasting the seeds in a pan with oil.  The seasoning were the main difference in the recipes.


 These are the Toasted Pumpkin Seeds.  They are classic pumpkin seeds and the pan toasting in oil was easy and delicious.
It wasn't really fair to pit the classic toasted pumpkin seed against the tastebud thrilling Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds.  This super tasty version of pumpkin seeds combines sugar and ginger with a touch of cayenne.  Don't make these if you lack self control.

As far as I'm concerned, you can't get too much pumpkin goodness so as you begin to carve your pumpkins please, don't forget to make use of those seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment